A small pascal program that alters the doom2 wad file.
Suppress the violent demo in doom2
Although i made wad files without monsters for my grandson, still the violent demo was present.
This demo starts after a while when you start up doom2 and after that you do nothing.
My grandson was still shooting the whole day!
This little pascal program replaces the words: "DEMO1", "DEMO2" and "DEMO3" in DOOM2.WAD.
Do the following:
- Create in your DOOM2 directory a new directory named e.g. "SUPPRESS".
- Unpack the file SUPPRESS.ZIP into this new directory
- When you run P2.EXE, this is looking for ..\DOOM2.WAD
- While running, the counter will finish at about 7200
- If you now look in the SUPPRESS directory, a new file has been created named "OUTP"
- This file should have the same size as DOOM2.WAD but the date is different.
- This date is now important to distinguish these two files
- Create in your DOOM2 directory a new directory named "BACKUP".
- Move (not copy) the DOOM2.WAD file to the BACKUP directory
- Now move the file SUPPRESS\OUTP to the DOOM2 directory
- Rename this file OUTP to DOOM2.WAD
- Start DOOM2.EXE and after a while the program stops when it will start the demo.